Effectively Using Java Packages And Features
Click here for information regarding remote access training.
Students Will Learn:
- Using reflection and introspection to control the publishing and discovery of the properties, events, and methods of Java classes (java.lang.reflect package)
- Writing type safe and reliable code with the enhanced capabilities of Java
- Using the classes and interfaces that comprise the Collections Framework (java.util package)
- Processing databases using JDBC (java.sql package)
- Creating, controlling and synchronizing threads
- Creating and using inner classes and nested classes
- Using functional interfaces and lambda expressions
- Describing and using the networking related classes (java.net package)
- Creating client/server programs including a chat room application
Course Description: This intermediate level course is intended for programmers who already have a fundamental understanding of Java programming and some experience writing code. It provides additional insights and details regarding some of the more advanced and useful capabilities contained in the Java Programming Language and it's associated packages. Topics include reflection and JavaBeans, Java type safety enhancements, the Java Collections Framework, Java Database Connectivity (JDBC), multithreading, inner classes, lambda expressions and networking.
Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency.
Course Prerequisites: Familiarity with and experience using Java. Completion of either the Learning to Program with Java, Java for COBOL Programmers, or Java Programming course, or equivalent Java programming experience.
Effectively Using Java Packages And Features Course Overview:
|JavaBeans, Reflection, and Introspection
||Type Safety Enhancements
|Inner and Nested Classes
"Instructor very knowledgeable. A lot of material covered in a short time, but this was exactly the depth/breadth of subject coverage I wanted. Worth the week/trip."