Effectively Using Java Packages And Features
Click here for information regarding remote access training.
Students Will Learn:
- Using Reflection and Introspection with Java Classes (java.lang.reflect package)
- Writing Type Safe and Reliable Code with the Enhanced Capabilities of Java 5
- Using the Java Collections Framework (java.util package)
- Processing Databases Using JDBC (java.sql package)
- Creating, Controlling, and Synchronizing Threads
- Creating and Using Inner and Nested Classes
- Using Networking Related Classes (java.net package)
- Creating Client/Server Programs
Course Description: This intermediate level course is intended for programmers who already have a fundamental understanding of Java programming and some experience writing code. It provides additional insights and details regarding some of the more advanced and useful capabilities contained in the Java programming language and its associated packages. Topics include reflection and JavaBeans, Java 5 type safety enhancements, the Java Collections Framework, Java Database Connectivity (JDBC), multithreading, inner classes, and networking.
Course Prerequisites: Familiarity with and experience using Java. Completion of either the Learning to Program with Java, Java for COBOL Programmers, or Java Programming course, or equivalent Java programming experience.
Effectively Using Java Packages And Features Course Overview:
|JavaBeans, Reflection, and Introspection
||Type Safety and Java 5 Enhancements
|Inner and Nested Classes
"Instructor very knowledgeable. A lot of material covered in a short time, but this was exactly the depth/breadth of subject coverage I wanted. Worth the week/trip."