Click here for information regarding remote access training.
Students Will Learn:
- The advantages of using the Java platform
- How to code, compile and run standalone object-oriented Java programs
- Designing and writing Java classes suitable for a given application domain
- Writing robust Java software that gracefully handles run-time problems
- Coding Java programs using correct syntax and block structure
- Using Java to read from and write to files
- Manipulating files and directories in a platform-neutral way
- Writing multithreaded software
- Writing Java client/server software using TCP/IP networking
- Accessing and updating relational databases from Java software
- Writing and running servlets and JSPs
- Creating graphical user interfaces for Java software
- Writing web-based applications in Java
- How to download, install and use the tools in the Java Development Kit
Course Description: This hands on course introduces experienced programmers to Java technology and Java programming techniques. The Java platform provides an object-oriented, portable and robust framework for application development. Included are core language concepts including fundamental data types, flow control, and standard function libraries. The course emphasizes object oriented programming and modular design to support distributed development environments. Included are the design of classes and objects, inheritance and polymorphism, and the details about creating programs for use on a distributed network, with emphasis on JSP, Servlets, and JDBC.The course also includes coverage of the Java Collections API, fundamental I/O, exceptions, and exception handling.
The course is designed to leverage the participants' existing programming skills and to highlight the new and extended features of the Java programming framework as compared to other common languages. Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency.
Students who do not already possess fundamental programming skills should attend the Learning to Program with Java course rather than this course.
Course Prerequisites: Basic programming skills in a structured language. Knowledge and experience with Object-Oriented Design (OOD) is helpful, but not required.
Java Programming Course Overview:
|Introduction to Java
||Developing Software Using Java
|Java Syntax Fundamentals
||Data Types and Operators
|Flow of Control
||Using Java Classes and Objects
|Developing Java Classes
||The Collections Framework
|Exceptions and Exception Handling
||Basic Input and Output (I/O)
|Java Database Connectivity
||Java Web Applications
|JavaServer Pages (JSPs)
"This class was all I hoped for and more! I didn't expect to learn as much as I did in such a short period of time. Leaving this class I am confident that my future experiences with the Java programming language will be productive and effective."
K.B., Marshall University
"I enjoyed the instructors teaching. He was willing to address scenarios specific to my current Java projects at the office. I found the course very helpful in understanding Java terminology and concepts. I feel prepared to continue using and learning Java on my own."
W.M., Bible Study Fellowship
"The instructor's knowledgeable of Java and programming in general is phenomenal. His understanding of the subject can be seen throughout the class. Answered all questions and provided analogies to day to day life scenarios to better understand Java and object oriented programming. The training in overall fully met my expectations and would like to recommend this class to friends/colleagues. "
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.