iOS Programming for iPhone® and iPad® Applications Using Objective-C
Click here for information regarding remote access training.
Students Will Learn:
- Downloading and installing Xcode from the Mac App Store
- Objective-C Language syntax
- Creating new projects using Xcode templates
- Using if statements and switch statements to control the flow of applications
- Designing applications using OOP principles
- The difference between heap and stack memory and the uses for each
- The ARC System
- Creating new applications in Xcode using MVC application architecture
- Creating full GUI applications
- The Delegate code pattern
- Using a navigation view to control the flow of an application
- Using the Debug Console for exception handling
- Using NeXTStep Objects
- Developing interfaces for multiple platforms and resolutions
- General iPhone and iPad development patterns and philosophies
- Service Oriented Architecture concepts
Course Description: Participants in this hands-on course will learn about and gain practice developing iOS applications for iPhone and iPad devices. Attendees will learn all the basics needed for iOS development, from installation of the Xcode editor to the Apple approval process. The Objective-C language is presented and used in hands on exercises to learn how it interacts with the hardware systems.
In hands on exercises, students will use built-in data views as well as create custom screens for data entry and presentation. Students will learn to follow Apple's design recommendations to provide clean interfaces that appropriately size to various devices and screens.
The course includes coverage of scheduled background execution to allow code to be run when the app isn't active and to schedule alerts to draw attention back to the app.
Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency. Students will create apps from the ground up, demonstrating the features of Objective-C and serving as an introduction to developing apps for release to the App Store.
Course Prerequisites: Prior programming experience in an object-oriented language such as Java, C# or C++.
iOS Programming for iPhone and iPad Applications Using Objective-C Course Overview:
|Xcode IDE Installation and Use
||NeXTStep Object Support
||System Event Handling
|SOA Application Design Overview
||Basic Design Patterns Used in iOS
|Custom View Design and Layout
||Views and View Controllers
"The course was extremely well run. This is one of the few courses I've ever taken where the workshops and exercises reinforced all of the material covered. I will be able to put this knowledge to immediate use at work."
"Exceeded my expectations. This class was so much more than just going through the motions. Lab time was structured in such a way to give me time to think. The class was structured to fit my learning style which is 'learn by example'."
S.B., DST Systems
iPad® and iPhone® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.