Click here for information regarding remote access training.
Students Will Learn:
- Defining the core concepts of Project Management
- Identifying and managing key stakeholders affected by a project
- Developing a project management plan
- Creating baselines for project management, and monitoring progress
- Breaking down the work involved to accomplish the goals of a project
- Realistically estimating the time and cost to complete a project
- Developing a project schedule
- Planning for quality of the project
- Planning corrective or proactive actions when a process is not within control
- Considering and using appropriate communications to stakeholders
- Using techniques to identify and plan for risks
- Planning and conducting the procurement process
- Closing projects and ensuring that lessons learned are documented
- Using computer software to track projects and generate reports
- Generating visual tools and charts
- Microsoft Project fundamentals
Course Description: This project management course applies to government/military, construction/deployment, financial, information technology, health care and other commercial applications, providing a firm grasp of specific steps in the project management process. Successfully managing a project requires effective planning and management using best practices in each phase of the project's life cycle. This course emphasizes practical approaches to effective project management consistent with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)®. The course thoroughly analyzes techniques for dealing with stakeholders throughout the project, managing scope, time, cost, resources, milestones, quality and risk.
Exercises provide practice creating baseline documents, forecasting staff requirements, managing communications, modularizing work assignments, sequencing activities, implementing quality assurance, managing risk, controlling scope, planning procurement and controlling costs.
Students will utilize Microsoft Project as a practical introduction to the use of software tools that are available to assist with creating a project plan, setting up time lines and deliverables, tracking costs, monitoring resources and managing the impact of changes to the plan.
Participants are encouraged to discuss how the concepts and skills can be applied to project work in their application domain.
One source for Project Management certification is the Project Management Institute (PMI). There are numerous requirements needed for certification outside of classroom training. The cost of the PMI certification exam is not included. Please visit the PMI website for details on certification, certification testing centers and PDU requirements. This class helps towards earning the required project management education hours needed for PMI® certifications such as Project Management Professional (PMP)® and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® as well as earning PDU's required for maintaining PMI certification.
Course Prerequisites: This course is designed for project managers, team members, and senior managers looking to acquire a firm grasp of specific steps in the project management process.
Project Management Course Overview:
|Project Management Basics And Terminology
||Initiating The Project
|Planning Project Work To Meet
|Human Resource Management
|Developing Project Schedule, Cost Estimates And Budget
||Planning Project Quality, Staffing And Communications
|Analyzing Risk And Planning Risk Responses
||Planning Project Procurements
|Managing for Optimal Results
||Monitoring And Controlling Work Toward Deliverables
|Monitoring And Controlling Project Scope, Schedule And Cost
||Closing The Project
|Using Microsoft Project 2013
"Overall a great class! The instructor's energy and knowledge made the time fly by. I would take a class again in a heartbeat. Thanks!"
"The instructor was fantastic. This was the best class I've taken in a long time. She kept my interests without sacrificing content. She knows the material!"
M.S., Bureau of Labor Statistics
"PMI", "PMP", "PMBOK",and "CAPM" are trademarks of Project Management Institute, Inc.