Click here for information regarding remote access training.
Students Will Learn:
- Creating and modifying a PHP page
- Working with variables and data types
- Using if/elseif/else statements to control processing conditionally
- Creating programs that include for, while, and do loops to process statements repeatedly
- Employing the break, continue, and exit statements to modify default loop behaviors
- Creating arrays
- How to manipulate strings in PHP using the built-in functions
- Maintaining state using cookies, session variables, hidden form fields and query strings
- The fundamental techniques necessary to create a shopping cart solution
- Using SQL to SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE data from tables
- Using the phpMyAdmin utility to administer the MySQL database
- Using PHP to manipulate files
- To identify and handle the three main types of errors that can occur when programming with PHP
Course Description: This hands on PHP Programming course provides the knowledge necessary to design and develop dynamic, database-driven web pages using PHP version 5. PHP is a language written for the web, quick to learn, easy to deploy and provides substantial functionality required for e-commerce. This course introduces the PHP framework and syntax, and covers in depth the most important techniques used to build dynamic web sites. Students learn how to connect to any ODBC-compliant database, and perform hands on practice with a MySQL database to create database-driven HTML forms and reports. E-commerce skills including user authentication, data validation, dynamic data updates, and shopping cart implementation are covered in detail. Students also learn how to configure PHP and the Apache Web Server. Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency.
Course Prerequisites: Basic computer skills and knowledge of HTML fundamentals. Prior programming experience is helpful but not required.
PHP Programming Course Overview:
|Overview Of PHP
||Basic Scripting and Looping
||Introduction to the Apache
|Arrays in PHP
||Working with Databases and
|Working with Data Files in
|Configuring and Using MySQL
||Using Cookies with PHP
|Miscellaneous PHP Tasks
"It is not often I come out of a programming class knowing I can immediately put the language to use. After taking the PHP programming course I will begin using the language immediately with the confidence that I understand what is going on."
P.S., Georgia Tech
"The instructor had a great grasp of the language, his years of industry experience really came through in the examples and tips. Although I came into the class with a lot of PHP knowledge, I am leaving it with a much more solid understanding of the fundamentals, and have gained some valuable techniques that I plan to utilize at once. I consider it time well spent."
M.M., E & J Gallo Winery
"I really enjoyed the course! It helped me solidify my understanding of PHP. With this course I feel strongly that I can move from 'hack' status to a real programmer. I enjoyed the instructor's presentation and handling of the questions."
C.D., Adobe Systems