Learning to Program with C#
Click here for information regarding remote access training.
Students Will Learn:
- Using Visual Studio to create C# applications
- Working with the .NET data types
- Creating variables with the proper scope and using operators to build complex expressions
- Using control structures such as if, while and for
- Using procedures to build complex applications
- Designing and using classes
- Using arrays and .NET collections
- Throwing and trapping exceptions using the C# try and catch statements
- Using ADO.NET to access databases
- Working with files and directories
- Building simple Windows Forms applications
- Building and using derived classes
- Defining and implementing interfaces
- Performing advanced string manipulation
Course Description: This hands on C# programming course provides an introduction to programming using the C# language. Students are introduced to the application development cycle, structure of programs, and specific language syntax. The course also contains "Thinking Like a Programmer" sections that provide students insight on how to develop common algorithms. The course covers console and file I/O, string and character manipulation, managing data using collections and fundamental object-oriented programming concepts. Error handling techniques are also emphasized. The course also introduces how to access databases using ADO.NET and illustrates how to build user interfaces using Windows Forms. Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency.
This class is intended for non-programmers. Students who already understand fundamental structured programming and object-oriented techniques should attend either Windows Forms 4.5 Programming Using C#, ASP.NET 4.5 Programming Using C# or Windows Presentation Foundation Programming Using C# instead of this more introductory course.
Course Prerequisites: Familiarity with computers.
Learning to Program with C# Course Overview:
|Application Development Fundamentals
||Managing the Flow of an Application
|Working with Data
||Using Procedures to Modularize Code
|Working with Data Collections
||Building Inheritance Hierarchies
|Building GUIs with Windows Forms
||Accessing Databases Using ADO.NET
||Working with Files, Directories and Streams
|Working with Strings
||Building N-Tier Applications
"Excellent instructor. I learned so much! What a great experience! This was such valuable training. Thank you to the instructor and HOTT for providing this service. I will tell everyone who's interested to consider your company. Great job!"
O.W., AAA NCNU Insurance Exchange
"Hands down the best class and learning experience I have ever had."
J.I., National Oilwell Varco
"Excellent instructor. I learned so much! What a great experience! This was such valuable training. Thank you to the instructor and HOTT for providing this service. I will tell everyone who's interested to consider your company. Great job!"> O.W., AAA NCNU Insurance Exchange