SharePoint 2010 Customization and Administration
Students Will Learn:
- Configuring common site settings
- Using Windows PowerShell for SharePoint to manage sites, servers and farms
- Setting site collections and farm configurations using the Central Administration utility
- Configuring incoming and outgoing e-mail for a SharePoint Farm
- How to backup SharePoint content at various levels from lists to entire farms
- Exporting sites, lists and libraries
- Restoring backed up content
- Managing SharePoint’s two-stage Recycle Bin
- Managing user access to site collections, sites, lists and libraries
- Importing profile information from Active Directory to SharePoint environments
- Creating and configuring Web applications, site collections and sites
- Adding lists and libraries to sites for information sharing and collaboration
- Adding pages to existing SharePoint sites and managing site navigation
- Placing Web parts into pages
- Creating and configuring SharePoint site content parameters
- Using views to customize the browsing of SharePoint sites
- Using workflows to automate business rules
- Configuring MS-Office documents for co-authoring
- Configuring My Sites, Tags and Notes to promote a richer experience for end-users
- Using Business Connectivity Services to display database tables as SharePoint Web content
- Launching basic commands within Windows PowerShell 3.0
- Opening and navigating through the basic components of SharePoint Designer
Course Description: This hands-on course teaches students how to deploy, configure, manage and customize the SharePoint environment. The course begins with a thorough overview of "out-of-the-box" features, and then moves on to SharePoint administration using PowerShell and Central Administration. The course also covers security issues and an introduction to advanced design techniques.
Students learn how to generate new sites using built-in templates,as well as how to create sites from scratch. Popular content components are also covered, including wikis, blogs, team sites, web databases and meeting workspaces.
Included are techniques for using built-in lists to promote information sharing, as well as the creation of custom lists. Document and file management are also covered, including content approval settings, document versioning, and document check-out/check-in. Co-authoring of MS-Office documents is also covered.
Students will learn how to use built-in workflows, as well as how to create custom workflows using SharePoint Designer. Designer will also be used to define custom master pages and cascading style sheets (CSS) to enhance the look and feel of SharePoint sites. SharePoint Server integration with Reporting and Analysis Services is also covered. This includes how to display database records on SharePoint sites using Business Connectivity Services (BCS). Using PerformancePoint Services to create reporting "dashboards" is also introduced.
Finally, SharePoint social networking features are reviewed. This includes how to configure My Sites, which allows users to manage their own web site content. Also demonstrated are the Tags and Notes feature which allows users to "like" and comment on SharePoint web content. Synchronization of Active Directory user profiles with SharePoint is also covered.
Comprehensive hands on exercises include creation of common SharePoint components such as lists, libraries, blogs, calendars, wikis, announcements and tasks. Students will add custom pages to their SharePoint sites and build navigation systems. Students will also practice implementing business rules and content access permissions. Content security and integrity are emphasized throughout.
Course Prerequisites: Familiarity with computers.
SharePoint 2010 Customization and Administration Course Overview:
|Installation and Architecture
|Effectively Using Lists and Libraries
||Automating Business Rules with Workflows
|Pages and Web Parts
||Managing Site Appearance
|Microsoft Office Integration
||Database Integration with Business Connectivity Services (BCS)
|Web Application, Site Collection and Site Administration
||SharePoint Administration Using PowerShell
|Data Recovery (Backup and Restore)
||SharePoint's Social Networking Features
|Business Intelligence Integration with Performance Point Services