SharePoint 2010 Customization and Administration
Students Will Learn:
- Installing and Configuring SharePoint Server
- Creating and Configuring SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
- Managing SharePoint Farms
- Using the Central Administration Utility
- Securing SharePoint Sites and Farms
- Creating and Customizing Lists and Libraries
- Adding and Modifying SharePoint Site Content
- Setting Up Site Navigation Systems
- Using SharePoint's Built-In Workflows
- Creating Custom Workflows Using SharePoint Designer
- Using PowerShell to Administer SharePoint
- Backup and Restoring SharePoint Farms, Site Collections and Sites
- Importing and Exporting Sites, Lists and Libraries
- Setting Up SharePoint User Profiles
- Implementing Business Connectivity Services (BCS)
- Integrating with Reporting and Analysis Services
Course Description: This hands-on course teaches students how to deploy, configure, manage and customize the SharePoint environment. The course begins with a thorough overview of "out-of-the-box" features, and then moves on to SharePoint administration using PowerShell and Central Administration. The course also covers security issues and an introduction to advanced design techniques.
Students learn how to generate new sites using built-in templates,as well as how to create sites from scratch. Popular content components are also covered, including wikis, blogs, team sites, web databases and meeting workspaces.
Included are techniques for using built-in lists to promote information sharing, as well as the creation of custom lists. Document and file management are also covered, including content approval settings, document versioning, and document check-out/check-in. Co-authoring of MS-Office documents is also covered.
Students will learn how to use built-in workflows, as well as how to create custom workflows using SharePoint Designer. Designer will also be used to define custom master pages and cascading style sheets (CSS) to enhance the look and feel of SharePoint sites. SharePoint Server integration with Reporting and Analysis Services is also covered. This includes how to display database records on SharePoint sites using Business Connectivity Services (BCS). Using PerformancePoint Services to create reporting "dashboards" is also introduced.
Finally, SharePoint social networking features are reviewed. This includes how to configure My Sites, which allows users to manage their own web site content. Also demonstrated are the Tags and Notes feature which allows users to "like" and comment on SharePoint web content. Synchronization of Active Directory user profiles with SharePoint is also covered.
Comprehensive hands on exercises include creation of common SharePoint components such as lists, libraries, blogs, calendars, wikis, announcements and tasks. Students will add custom pages to their SharePoint sites and build navigation systems. Students will also practice implementing business rules and content access permissions. Content security and integrity are emphasized throughout.
Course Prerequisites: Familiarity with computers.
SharePoint 2010 Customization and Administration Course Overview:
|Installation and Architecture
|Effectively Using Lists and Libraries
||Automating Business Rules with Workflows
|Pages and Web Parts
||Managing Site Appearance
|Microsoft Office Integration
||Database Integration with Business Connectivity Services (BCS)
|Web Application, Site Collection and Site Administration
||SharePoint Administration Using PowerShell
|Data Recovery (Backup and Restore)
||SharePoint's Social Networking Features
|Business Intelligence Integration with Performance Point Services