Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Administration
Students Will Learn:
- Architecture and core features of SQL Server 2012
- Installing and configuring SQL Server 2012
- Using the SQL Server client tools to manage and configure SQL Server
- Using Policy-Based Management to configure SQL Server
- Designing databases and managing and file storage
- Configuring security in SQL Server
- Backing up and restoring databases
- Transfering data into and out of SQL Server
- Ensuring data integrity and quality
- Replicating data using SQL Server replication
- Automating common administrative tasks
- Creating full text indexes and queries
- Monitoring events and data changes on a SQL Server
- Monitoring and optimizing performance of a SQL Server
- Implementing high availability technologies
- Managing multiple SQL Server instances using central management
Course Description: This class consists of five days of hands-on training that focus on the fundamentals of administering the SQL Server 2012 database engine. Participants in this course will come away with the knowledge and experience required to administer SQL Server 2012. The course focuses on performing common administrative tasks, understanding how SQL Server works under the covers, and optimizing SQL Server performance as well as assuring high data availability. You will learn how to install, configure, manage, secure, automate, monitor, and optimize SQL Server 2012. You will also learn how to create, manage, back up, and restore individual databases, transfer and replicate data, configure for high availability, and plan disaster recovery.
Emphasis is placed on how SQL Server 2012 is architected, so that you will be able to make the proper decisions in configuring and managing your SQL Server instances. Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency.
Course Prerequisites: Familiarity with database concepts, Windows desktop navigation and software installation techniques. Attendance at HOTT's SQL Programming course or Microsoft Transact-SQL Programming course is highly recommended although not required.
Follow-up Courses: SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services, SQL Server 2012 Business Intelligence Application Development (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS), SQL Server 2012 Business Intelligence: Integration Services and Analysis Services
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Administration Course Overview:
|An Overview of SQL Server 2012
||Configuring SQL Server 2012
|Using SQL Server 2012 Management Tools
||Monitoring Data Structures
|Creating and Configuring a Database
||Monitoring SQL Server Performance
|Optimizing SQL Server Performance
||Securing SQL Server
||Importing and Exporting Data
|Maintaining High Availability of Data
||Maintaining Data Reliability
|Backing Up and Restoring Databases
"This has been one of the best courses I have taken. The instructor really knows the material and can explain it well, using examples from the real world."
C.M., Yale University, Yale School of Medicine
"Instructor was excellent! Great knowledge of all aspects of SQL and more. I would recommend him to anyone needing SQL training. Looking forward to using what I learned."
J.R. , Mayo Clinic
"This course was exactly what I needed to learn SQL. I will definitely refer to HOTT in the future for my instructional needs."
J.P., Hayes Management Consulting