Exchange Server 2010 System Administration
Click here for information regarding remote access training.
Students Will Learn:
- Windows Server Installation and Configuration
- Exchange Server Installation and Configuration
- Active Directory, DNS and IIS Integration
- Management Consoles and Shells
- Exchange Server Roles and Security Management
- Administrative Management Roles
- Message and Recipient Management
- Rights Based Access Control
- Exchange Backup and Recovery
- Exchange Database Availability Groups
- Exchange Server Maintenance, Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Outlook, OWA and ActiveSync Installation and Configuration
- Managing User Email and Calendar Data
- Managing Global and Personalized Address Lists
Course Description: This course provides hands on experience installing and configuring Exchange Server 2010 and a variety of Microsoft messaging clients. Students will also install and configure Windows Server 2008, Active Directory Domain Services and IIS web services. Attendees will practice local and remote administration of server roles, network connectivity and user messaging data. After installing Exchange, students will create users and groups, and assign permissions, rights and policies. They will then configure and troubleshoot the Exchange environment using various consoles and management shells. We'll investigate backup and fault tolerance strategies, as well as security and user access issues. Comprehensive labs and exercises give students real experience deploying, managing and troubleshooting an Exchange Server 2010 infrastructure.
Course Prerequisites: Familiarity with the Microsoft Windows environment (desktop, files and folders). Students should also be familiar with the basic workings of Active Directory (domains, organizational units, users and groups).
Exchange Server 2010 System Administration Course Overview:
|Review of Windows Server 2008 and Active Directory
||Examining Exchange Server Features
|Installing Exchange Server
||Exchange Management Console (EMC)
|Exchange Management Shell (EMS)
||Exchange Control Panel (ECP)
|Rights Based Access Control (RBAC)
||Installing and Configuring Exchange Clients
|Maintenance and Monitoring
||Backup and Fault Tolerance
"The instructor is very knowledgeable on the subject. The course was very well presented and delivered. Class participation and discussion with questions and answer sessions were handled professionally. I strongly recommend this course to others."
A.S., Space and Naval Warfare